Full-time Teaching Assistant
Teach kids at a British-run kindergarten in China.
English Teaching Assistant Needed
This employer is looking to recruit a team of wonderful kindergarten English teachers to teach and care for students from ages 3-6 years old by September 2018. Recruitment will be ongoing to meet the needs of a growing school.
This school is opening its doors for the first time in China, instilling the ethos and values and following the curriculum of the famous school, in Cambridge, UK. The school has long enjoyed a national reputation in the UK for the exceptional quality of education and care it provides. The school was established in 1661.
The successful candidate must offer the following:
· native English speaker
· a CELTA, TESOL or other qualification in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
· an honours degree in an appropriate discipline
· successful experience of teaching English as a Foreign Language to young learners
· knowledge of the UK Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum
· an interest in the use of digital technology for teaching and learning
· ability to teach specialised subjects such as Music or P.E. an advantage
· a First Aid qualification or a willingness to undertake First Aid training
· some knowledge of Mandarin Chinese would be useful but not essential.
· a commitment to developing the individual talents and meeting the individual needs of each child within and beyond the curriculum
· a commitment to the pastoral care of, and respect for, children
· an ability to communicate with and co-operate with colleagues
Overall, the successful candidate can look forward to working within an outstanding environment for the care and education of young children in China.
· provide excellent English teaching to students through teacher-led carpet sessions and during independent learning
· plan high-quality lessons that make English learning fun and engaging for young children
· provide excellent pastoral care for students during and outside of class time
· take on supervision duties during break time to support the overall running of the school
· uphold the values and ethos of the school at all times through a mindful attitude and caring nature
Terms of Employment
· Approximately 40 hours’ working time per week
· One-year full-time contract
· Position subject to a successful police check and reference checks.
Remuneration and benefits
· Salary scale between 15,000 and 20,000RMB for a full-time English Teaching Assistant role including housing allowance (3,000RMB); the entry point on the scale will depend upon qualifications, skills and experience.
· Comprehensive training programme including internal training in Nanjing and online training with St John’s College School, Cambridge.
This school is a kindergarten for students aged 3-6 years old in the southern district of Jiangning (江宁) in Nanjing, Jiangsu province. Located on a site of more than 7,000m2 indoor and outdoor space, this newly built school will provide the best facilities and learning environment for its, up to 240, local students. Students will enjoy large, well equipped classrooms with up to only 20 students in each class, multi-function rooms for drama, music, art and reading, as well as a large bright cafeteria to enjoy a delicious offering of healthy daily meals eaten in the lovely communal space. The outdoor areas provide a wealth of explorative learning spaces from the Forest Garden, complete with underground tunnels and water features (and of course trees!), to the football pitch and trampolines on the roof. Learning outside is just as important as learning inside and this site provides fantastic opportunities for both. Situated on Jiangjun Dadao (将军大道), the school is easily accessible and within walkng distance from the nearest metro line (S1).
The students will be taught by three professional teachers; a Mandarin-speaking Key Teacher, a Mandarin-speaking Chinese Teaching Assistant (CTA) and an English Teaching Assistant (ETA), who work together to provide a bilingual play-based learning environment that focuses on child-led activities that promote the growth of all areas of a child’s development. Special emphasis at this school is placed on the well-being of each and every child, focusing particular attention on emotional development.
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||12 months +|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Pay:||£1750-£2300 per month|
|Start Date:||1st Oct 2018|
|Application Expiry Date:||30th Sep 2018|
|TEFL Hours Required||120+ hours|
|Number of Vacancies||ongoing|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.