Online English Teacher
We are working with this Chinese based online English education company requires native speakers of English to teach students between the ages of 5 - 16.
We are working with this Chinese based online English education company requires native speakers of English to teach students between the ages of 5 – 16. They have more than 30000 registered students and are currently the third largest online school in China.
The offer small online classes (maximum 4 learners at anyone time). Content is tailor made so you do not have to plan your lessons. A teaching assistant will also be available if needed.
You will teach from the comfort of your own home and will be expected to do a minimum of 6 hours (12 classes) per week in line with Chinese working and studying hours. You can be based anywhere in the world so long as you meet the minimum requirements as listed below:
- Native speaker of English
- Bachelor degree
- An ESL qualification
- Tutoring / teaching experience
- A fast internet connection
- Speakers, webcam, headset (or equivalent)
- A quiet room
Tutoring hours in GMT:
- 10am – 5pm (Mon – Fri)
- 8am – 10pm (Sat – Sun)
- General rule – If you are in the USA, you will teach in the morning. If you are in Asia you will teach at night.
- You can chose your hours so long as they fall within the guidelines above
- Min 6hrs, max 28hrs per week
- The school / parents will then book classes for you based on your chosen hours
- It is recommended that you do AT LEAST 12 classes (6hrs) per week
- You will get repeat bookings (weekly) and classes are booked up very quickly.
There is a very strong demand for English tutoring in China and parents want their children to learn English with a native accent. The more available you are, the more money you will make.
- Packages are attractive and based on qualifications and experience. On average it will be c. £20 / $25 per hour.
- Payment will be made via either bank or paypal on the 15th of every month
- Performance bonus depending on hours worked
- Cancellation fee payable to the teacher if the parent / student cancels the class with less than 12hrs notice
- There are also opportunities to assist with other aspects of language development too
- We need your CV and all supporting documents
- These will be sent to the school and you will be informed of this
- You will be contacted for an interview within 48 hrs
- Upon offer acceptance you will receive full training on all systems etc
What you need to know:
|Contract Length:||9 to 12 months|
|Start Date:||30th Sep 2017|
|Application Expiry Date:||13th Oct 2017|
|TEFL Hours Required||120|
|Number of Vacancies|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.