Native English Teachers in Gran Canaria, Spain
Well established English Language Centre in Gran Canaria
The role of English teacher at our academy is open to all graduates. We will also expect you to hold at least one of the following qualifications:
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) – 120 hours
- Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA).
- Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CertTESOL).
- Young Learners (YL) Extension to CELTA.
- Teaching Young Learners Extension Certificate (TYLEC).
Candidates must be native level speakers authorised to work in the EU and provide us with a police criminal records check from both Spain and your home country.
Experience teaching the Cambridge syllabus to young learners and adults is essential.
We have a number of posts available from working with Early Learners (aged 3+) to adult and business classes. All roles require:
– classroom management and basic administration
– planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups
– preparing and setting tests, examination papers and graded exercises
– marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work
– devising and producing new materials, including audiovisual resources
– attending and contributing to training sessions
– participating in marketing events to promote the academy
– regular meetings with the management team and parents
– a friendly and confident manner
– good planning and organisational skills
– the ability to work under pressure
– flexibility and an adaptable teaching style
– creative skills and ideas for developing the syllabus with practical and interesting lessons
– excellent communication and listening skills
– sensitivity, tolerance and patience
– sufficient Spanish to provide feedback to clients or children’s parents
Salary and Working hours
Starting salaries vary depending on experience and further qualifications. Typically 24 contact hours per week, Monday to Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings.
Pre-entry or on-the-job training as a classroom assistant in the summer school or during term time will be necessary for the role.
We require two verifiable professional or educational references.
What you need to know:
|Location:||Gran Canaria, Las Palmas, España|
|Contract Length:||9 to 12 months|
|Job Type:||Part Time|
|Pay:||varied depending on experience and qualifications|
|Start Date:||September 2017|
|Application Expiry Date:||31st May 2017|
|TEFL Hours Required||120|
|Number of Vacancies||3|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not a recruiter and only advertises teaching vacancies on behalf of schools, employers and recruitment partners. We are not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and have no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.