English Teachers in Ukraine
We are a provider of English Language Camps in Ukraine
We are looking for amazing teachers with passion for teaching for our English Language Camp in Ukraine, located in the heart of Carpathian Mountains.
There will be a total of 5 sessions and a 5-day staff orientation prior to the start of the summer season. Applicants will be considered for at least 2 out of 5 available sessions.
Staff orientation: 5—11 June, 2017
1 session : June 11 – June 23
2 session: June 23 – July 7
3 session: July 9 – July 21
4 session: July 23 – August 4
5 session: August 6 – August 18
Hours/Days: 48 hr contract over a 6-day working week
– 15h of English Classes (3h/day, 5 days/week)
– 15h of Project work with Students (3h/day, 5 days/week)
– 15 weekly hours of planning duties
– 1 full day-off per week
– placement of students into classes
– lesson preparation time
– time for writing final academic reports and certificates for students taught
Duties and Responsibilities
Each teacher is required to perform up to 33 weekly hours of teaching (am and pm teaching) of a General English Course to teenagers aged 8-16 years or young adults aged 16-18 of differing language ability. All lessons are to be planned in advanced and have to be submitted to the DOS for review.
The teachers are also expected to create one common educational camp activity and one evening activity in the week (a quiz for example, or an outdoor group project).
At the beginning of each session all teachers will be involved in the testing and placement of campers into classes. At the end of each session teachers will sign individual course certificates and academic reports for their students.
*** *** ***
The camp will be running on a program of 3h of English classes/day (6 days/week) for each student, and a 3h project work with the campers (curated by teachers, counsellors, instructors and other invited professionals). The projects centre around revitalising the camp-site base (a ski-resort in winter) through creative interventions and sustainable practices. A multitude of small projects (where we develop specific skills in kids), using the latest technology (3D printers, drones and all the best the internet has to offer in terms of apps and collaborative websites), working with artists (we run an Artist’s Residence in parallel during camp-time), dream big, act locally.
Some examples of the projects we envision:
– redesigning the the bus-stop from the highway to the entrance to the resort: from the old-forgotten Soviet relics into modern, artsy ones with mosaics, graffiti and painted murals.
– A new hike-trail in the mountains, with signage and a free-of-charge map to be given to tourists.
– New touristic ‘souvenirs‘ (key-chains, toys and other trinkets) – printed at our 3D printer and decorated with 3D pens; or sculpted from wood in our Arts workshop; or mini-ceramics ones;
– A new website and video add for the resort (involving drone-filming);
– Get the local community to put their available accommodation on AirBnB. The kids do the photographs, descriptions, create a business-plan with part of the profits going to an ongoing artsy redevelopment program of the resort.
– Create alternative renewable sources of energy, using wind, water and solar power sources.
– Do a Social-Photography project with the old babushkas (grand-mothers) selling berries, jars of marmalade and other local-delicacies. Create an online-sales website, agree with local Post to deliver the items nationally.
– Teachers who possess a native speaker level of competence;
– Educated to a degree level and/or a TEFL or PGCE qualification for primary or secondary education or have NQT status;
– Have a passion for teaching;
– Ability to take on students of age 8-16 and 16-20 of mixed English language ability, but placed into groups accordingly;
– Ideally, previous experience of teaching or doing project work with children/ young people in a similar or related environment;
– Ability to work well in a fast-paced and sometimes pressured environment;
– Ability to work as part of a team, sharing resources, ideas and lending support to colleagues as required.
Salary package for the camp duration: GBP £2000
– Employment for the duration of the camp course (June 11 – August 18), calculated as a rate GBP £400/session)
– A 5 day period for camp set-up and staff induction prior to the begin of the camp season (June 5—June 11)
– A travel allowance to assist with costs to Ukraine
In addition to salary, we shall provide:
– Coverage of travel costs up to GBP £230;
– Free airport pick-up upon arrival to Kiev;
– Free hostel accommodation in Kiev in case of early arrival (June 3,4);
– Train+bus transfer from Kiev to camp location and back to Kiev;
– Free shared accommodation and meals on site.
What you need to know:
|Location:||Myhove, Chernivets'ka oblast, Ukraine|
|Contract Length:||Under 3 months|
|Job Type:||Summer Camp|
|Start Date:||6th Jun 2017|
|Application Expiry Date:||30th Apr 2017|
|TEFL Hours Required||30|
|Number of Vacancies||5|
How to apply
Please login to view application details
TEFL Org UK is not responsible for the accuracy of job descriptions and has no influence over the recruitment process or outcome of job applications. Prior to accepting employment, applicants are advised to research employers fully. Not received a response from an employer? Please contact them directly. We do not hold information on the status of your application.