The 188-hour Online & Weekend Course is ideal for students who are looking to gain some practical skills in TEFL. You will complete our Level 5 TEFL online course, where you will cover all the grammar essentials, observe what a real TEFL lesson is like in our Video Observation course, and complete our two mini-modules in How to Teach Over the Telephone and Teaching Large Classes. The 188-hour course includes our brand-new Methodology course, containing new course content, assignments, quizzes and a new unit in Using Resources Effectively When Teaching English. In addition, a new 19-hour course in The Principles of Teaching English as a Foreign Language has also been included.
The classroom course is completed over one weekend which we offer in various locations throughout the UK, Ireland and the US. You can view our available locations and dates using the dropdown on this page
Your 188-Hour Level 5 TEFL Course at a glance
A 188-hour Level 5 TEFL Course certificate from TEFL Org UK is recognised by employers worldwide.
- NEW! 79-hour Methodology Course Learn about classroom management, teaching styles and advanced TEFL methodology. Study with a personal tutor and meet fellow students on our course forums. Includes mini-modules on business English, young learners and teaching English one-to-one. Knowing where to look for resources for your students can often be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Therefore, we have included a new unit in Using Resources Effectively When Teaching English as a Foreign Language. This unit will help you to understand what types of materials are suitable for your students, what is available, where to find them, and how best to use them. This will make your job as a teacher easier, make your lessons more dynamic, relevant, interesting and fun for the students.
- 30-hour Online Grammar Course Don’t know your irregular verbs from auxiliary verbs? This course will improve your basic grammar and give you the grounding you’ll need to communicate complicated language rules to a student audience.
- NEW! 19-hour The Principles of Teaching English as a Foreign Language Course As you are going to be an English teacher, it’s important to know where the English language comes from, and how it has spread to become a global language. You will also look at how English fits into today’s world; a world no longer constrained by distance, where people can communicate instantaneously regardless of where they are located in the world, where English has become a common language, or lingua franca, for business, travel, study and many other things. Also, how English has become the most spoken second language on the entire planet.
- 20-hour Online Video Course Seeing an English teacher in action is a very powerful learning tool and really brings the theory to life. Feel free to steal the ideas in these video courses to use in your first lessons. We don’t mind!
- Two 10-hour specialist mini-modules Two mini-modules designed for specific TEFL jobs, which will help your CV stand out. One 10-hour unit is about teaching over the telephone and the other 10-hour unit will help you teach large classes.
- 20-hour Weekend Course Take part in this packed weekend course where you’ll learn how to plan, prepare and deliver TEFL lessons in a fun and relaxed atmosphere with fellow students. Learn all about TEFL teaching via a series of enjoyable hands-on course activities. This is one course where you’ll learn by doing, not just by note-taking!
- Lifetime access to our online TEFL Jobs Centre
Lifetime TEFL careers advice, personal CV guidance, TEFL recruiter contacts and exclusive TEFL job vacancies. All you need to get your dream job abroad!
- Free TEFL coursebook
Activities, examples and all the important information from your weekend TEFL course.
- Free reference letter
A must-have for getting TEFL jobs, this comes with personal comments from your TEFL tutor.
- Personal online TEFL Org UK tutor
Keep the same tutor throughout your component TEFL course, who will get to know you and how you work. All of our tutors are qualified and experienced, while also being lovely and supportive!
- TEFL Org UK and Level 5 certificate
Both widely-recognised certificates posted straight to your door which shows your achievements on our course; something you can show to TEFL employers to secure you a job.
Sale ends in: days hours mins secs
188-hour Level 5 TEFL course
To view pricing and book our 188-hour Level 5 TEFL course please select your location and dates below:
Course Fee: £
You might also like…
168-hour Level 5 Online TEFL course
Our new Level 5 online-based course is perfect for those who want to become TEFL qualified from the comfort of their own home! In this online course, you will cover all the essential grammar knowledge, observe what a real TEFL lesson is like in our video observation course, learn how to teach English over the telephone and how to teach large classes.
188-hour Level 5 TEFL course
The 188-hour Online & Weekend Course is ideal for students who are looking to gain some practical skills in TEFL. You will complete our Level 5 TEFL online course, where you will cover all the grammar essentials, observe what a real TEFL lesson is like in our Video Observation course, and complete our two mini-modules in How to Teach Over the Telephone and Teaching Large Classes.
198-hour Level 5 TEFL course
Our new 198-hour Online & Weekday course is our most detailed Level 5 course. In this course, you will complete 198 hours of TEFL training, where you will learn the grammar essentials, observe TEFL lessons in our Video Observation Course along with two specialist modules in Telephone Teaching and Teaching Large Classes.