We go out of our way to ensure you receive the best training and service possible. If we fail to deliver on any of the below, then be sure to let us know on info@TEFL.org.uk.
Weekend TEFL course training
We promise to:
- Provide you training from an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and experienced tutor
- Give you all the support you need to ensure you successfully complete the course
- Operate an equal opportunities policy
- Provide you with a TEFL certificate on successful completion of the course
- Provide you with a safe, healthy and supportive environment for you to learn in
By the end of the course, you will have learned the following:
- Understanding the role of a teacher
- Assessing the needs of students
- Effective lesson planning and preparation
- Methodology in teaching skills-based lessons
- Methodology in teaching functional and grammar-based lessons
- Understanding of the type of activities to use in an EFL/ESL classroom
- How to improve student participation
- Managing and motivating your students
- How to communicate with speakers of other languages
- Analysing teaching practises and giving constructive feedback to other teachers
- Benefiting from feedback from peers
- Awareness of how to find EFL/ESL employment
Online TEFL course training
We promise to:
- Provide you with a new tutor at any time during the course if you are not happy with your original tutor’s level of service.
- Provide a response to your queries or module submissions within 2 working days.
- Provide access to the appropriate course modules within one working day of TEFL Org UK receiving your application.
- Operate an equal opportunities policy.
- Deal with any difficulties you may have with the course promptly and fairly within 2 working days, i.e. Monday to Friday.
- Provide access to expertise and support from your personal tutor and the TEFL Org UK administration team.
- Provide constructive and individual feedback on your assignments
Complaints and appeals
If for any reason you are not satisfied with the service provision by TEFL Org UK, then please let us know by contacting us in writing. Please outline the nature of your grievance and we promise to acknowledge your grievance within 24 hours. The Courses Manager will then endeavour to reach a satisfactory conclusion for all parties within 5 working days. The Courses Manager can be contacted at:
The Courses Manager, TEFL Org UK, 18 Alexander Place, Inverness, IV3 5BX or info@TEFL.org.uk.
If you have been given a grade on your online course that you are unhappy about then, in the first instance, please contact your tutor for more feedback about your grading. If you are still not satisfied then please contact the Courses Manager at the above address.
If you have failed your weekend or online course, you have the right of appeal. You will be notified of your failure and will be given reasons, to appeal against such a decision please contact the Courses Manager at the above address outlining the justification for your appeal.
Equal opportunities policy
TEFL Org UK operates an Equal Opportunities Policy and does not discriminate against race, colour, gender, religion, disability or age.
We believe that each candidate is entitled to be treated fairly and with respect.
Furthermore, we endeavour to provide equal opportunities of access to assessment and will not discriminate based on your geographical location.
While the weekend and weekday course is an attendance course, it is still possible to fail the course. This is to ensure that you benefit as much as possible from the course. We very rarely fail people on the course, but reserve the right to do under one or more of the following criteria:
- Failure to attempt all teaching practices
- A lack of willingness to take on new ideas
- A lack of understanding of the main methodologies and theory
- Not participating fully throughout the course
- A failure to attend at least 80% of the course (that is, missing more than 2 hours from the weekend course and 3 hours from the weekday course)